Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mark Garcia II




Not Only a Hot, Urban Artist; Mark Garcia is Quite the Comedian
Mark Garcia II Bio

Mark Garcia II
West Hollywood
MarkGarcia@gmail.com
http://www.warmtoastcafe.com/art/wrappedcherry/
http://blog.myspace.com/wrappedcherry

This mini-autobiography is for all my family and friends, of which I am deeply grateful for making me the person I am today -- for that I forgive all your loans and debts. You still have to pay the interest though, I’m not kidding.

I was born with a twin brother but enough about him. This is ‘me’ time. I was born in Manila and went to school at Colegio de San Juan de Letran from first through sixth grade – sounds expensive doesn’t it? Well it was.

After that I came over to Los Angeles, CA and resided at Hollywood, CA. Like any other immigrant before me I was excited and consumed with pride and joy for living in this country. Not only because I can brag living near “Melrose Place” but also living and breathing the air that gave life to such notable people as George Washington, Norman Rockwell, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Frank Sinatra and Paris Hilton…ok not so much of the latter. Although she’s a very good ‘sales thing.’

In high school I wasn’t a member of the “It” crowd. As a matter of fact, in my high school there was no “It” crowd. Everyone knew everyone; maybe that’s why everyone was nice to everyone.

When it comes to my art, I have to say it would not have gone this far if it wasn’t for the cartoon “Ghosbusters”. Yes, Ghostbusters. I remember when I was nine years old watching every Friday night; watching it and drawing every ghost that’s shown in that show. I didn’t know anything about copy written materials back then so back off! I drew and drew and drew until my pencil’s lead tip and eraser were half an inch from each other. Boy was I rolling.

After that I took a hiatus, about six years. Then high school started and my first drawing class was there to embrace me with open arms. I had fun at that class, more importantly I was the top of my class.

I have proof, the teacher wrote, “I was the best, if not the best that went through the program” in my yearbook.

You don’t believe me? Well suck a crayon. My teacher was very paranoid when it came to that class. We were never allowed to talk but we did anyway. I remember one time we were so bored we shot sharpened number two pencils up on the ceiling. And you know what? They do stick – most of the time. Those were the days.

No comments: